Simsbury Soccer Club's U8 program provides a level-appropriate combination of clinic-style training and small-sided games. During the season, all teams attend a Wednesday night practice facilitated by a professional trainer who works with the players and coaches to develop basic individual and team soccer skills. The sessions provide players with an enjoyable and challenging opportunity to advance their soccer ability in a team format.
Click here to Volunteer as a U8 Coach. Parents are encouraged to help out and coach. Prior to the season there will be a coaching clinic to help parents become more comfortable on the field and understanding the skills being taught at this age group.
On Saturdays, the players will participate in 4v4 games in two 25-minute halves. Goalies may be added in the Spring season.
This program is only for children who were born in the year indicated above.
Fall 2017 Specifics
Day: Thursdays, 9/07-11/02
Location: Curtiss D (may be subject to change)
Day*: Saturdays, 9/09 - 11/05
Times: 9:00 and 10:15
The boys and girls teams will alternate the time slots each weekend.
The entire schedule will be posted soon, but for planning purposes...
On 9/09 the U8 boys teams will play at 9:00 and the U8 girls will play at 10:15.
On 9/16, the U8 boys teams will play at 10:15 and the U8 girls will play at 9:00.
*No games Labor Day or Columbus Day weekends
- Volunteer opportunities
- Practices & Games
- U7 Practices are Thursdays 5:30-7:00
- Games are Saturday mornings, TBD
- There is an additional Friday evening U7/U8 Skills Clinic that players can also register for which has a separate fee and registration.
- 4v4 games in two 25-minute halves
- No games on holiday weekends (Labor Day, Columbus Day, Memorial Day)
- Supplied: team shirt (distributed at first session)
- Required: players must wear shin guards, socks, cleats, size #3 ball, labeled water bottle