Simsbury Soccer Club's U8 program provides a level-appropriate combination of clinic-style training and small-sided games. During the season, all teams attend a Wednesday night practice facilitated by a professional trainer who works with the players and coaches to develop basic individual and team soccer skills. The sessions provide players with an enjoyable and challenging opportunity to advance their soccer ability in a team format.
Click here to Volunteer as a U8 Coach. Parents are encouraged to help out and coach. Prior to the season there will be a coaching clinic to help parents become more comfortable on the field and understanding the skills being taught at this age group.
On Saturdays, the players will participate in 4v4 games in two 25-minute halves. Goalies may be added in the Spring season.
This program is only for children who were born in the year indicated above.
Spring 2018 Specifics
Day: Thursdays, 4/19
Location: Latimer Lane (note location change)
Day*: Saturdays, 4/21 - 6/2
Time: 9:45 and 11:00 (note time change)
The boys and girls teams will alternate the time slots each weekend.
Location: Orkil Field
*No games Memorial Day weekend
- Volunteer opportunities
- Practices & Games
- U7 Practices are Thursdays 5:30-7:00
- Games are Saturday mornings, TBD
- There is an additional Friday evening U7/U8 Skills Clinic that players can also register for which has a separate fee and registration.
- 4v4 games in two 25-minute halves
- No games on holiday weekends (Labor Day, Columbus Day, Memorial Day)
- Supplied: team shirt (distributed at first session)
- Required: players must wear shin guards, socks, cleats, size #3 ball, labeled water bottle